Monday, September 29, 2008

Outpouring

I think I know it
And then it gives the classic slip
My mind is a flurry of reasons, a jamboree
Churning out image after image

There I lie, crucified on the cross of reason
That is me behind the clouds, like the sun after - spreading light and wisdom
I dive into the ocean and bring back pearls
Yet I laugh like a hyena lurking in shadowy depths even Satan would not cross

I don’t look back
Whatever else I do
I do look back at times
And resolve it shall never be the same

When the dust has settled
When the battle is over
When the soldiers are dead, or gone home
When the medals have been pinned and the songs have been sung

That is when I pick up my sword and examine it close
I wipe out the blood, remove the tassels
It either shines like the North Star or
Crumbles in my hand like shattered glass

No comments: