Monday, April 13, 2009

Spike me!

I still get nightmares from the time that the ‘resume mentor’ would inspect records of my flimsy achievements with steely-eyed determination, just like a Chinese woman inspecting her face for clogged pores. And then sport a look of resigned frustration, just like the afore-mentioned woman’s husband footing the bill for pore-opening creams, lotions, essences, masks and serums. A pore, after all, has to breathe.


But I digress.


The point is, I finally have my ‘spike’.


I have climbed The Great Wall twice.


Beat that - any of you 9+ pointers, who win Olympiads or design regression models for fun. And maybe play a little tabla on the side. At concerts.

7 comments:

Darshit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darshit said...

I heard one of our frinds is visiting you to China. If the great wall can survive her climbing it than I'll believe in its so called "Greatness".

And than the Great wall can put it in its CV that it didn't collapse after her climb. It will be the Great Wall's spike.

Shreya said...

Deal old Gujju - we discussed you a lot.
And the Great Wall is on for a Day Zero placement :D

Kavity said...

Wow! Don't tell me the Great wall of China survived her!

Madhurjya (Banjo) Banerjee said...

Next Jackie Chan movie. Done.

Shreya said...

@Kavity - The Great Wall was basking in the honor she did it by deigning to exercise her muscles climbing it.
@Jo-Ban - Me, Mallika Sherawat?

மணிகண்டன் (Manikandan K S) said...

Me: Saw your pic trying to bring the Wall down
Friend in question: It did not budge :(

A Great wall indeed!