Thursday, February 11, 2010

I-box

Today I saw what very few people on this planet must have had the good fortune to. I saw..

..Salman Khan in a guest appearance on CID. Yes, that very same show on the Sony channel which plods on and on - and on. And apparently presses dubious stars into doing equally suspicious cameos. Old man Sallu is playing himself at the brink of a release - Wanted, no less. And the CID storms into his residence to tell him that they have found a pirated copy in somebody's home. Sallu tries to act puzzled. Then the CID baldie goes on to say that the problem at hand is much worse than just movie piracy. And Sallu gets to act even more perplexed. He says - Maayne? (Meaning?). Then the baldie throws in the punch line, something to the effect - Along with the pirated DVD, we also found a murdered body! Sallu breaks all records which have been established uptil then by equally fishy blokes for terrible-acting.

And then I switched channels to watch a game of musical chairs being played, between all of Rahul Mahajan's wannabe wives, while he is standing around, squealing with glee, dressed as a school-boy.

Hmm. I have always had a certain attraction for the bizarre. And the most outre thing I can think of at the moment is to switch the channel again and tune in to - Raaz pichhle janam ka.

8 comments:

amrit said...

LOL only

Scattered Thoughts... said...

When reading the post, I was trying to figure out what exactly is it.. but then your last line summed it all

//Hmm. I have always had a certain attraction for the bizarre//

:))

whatever happened to other channels like HBO and star world :)

The Soul of Alec Smart said...

Dammit! I've been missing these gems.

Karan said...

Lol, I have also seen that CID episode. It was super hilarious and should be in So bad its good hall of fame.. But I saw it some months back when Wanted wasn't released, how did u watch it now :)? I love CID for these Gems, everytime the ACP (baldie) says 'Achchaaa' with that questioning expression I burst out laughing.

Madhurjya (Banjo) Banerjee said...

I was about to post on the Musical chairs!!! Chaaaaa.. you beat me to it. But good your pseudness is decreasing progressively :)

Kavity said...

@ Banjo: LOL on "pseudness decreasing progressively"!! The rural sales profile seems to be doing the trick!

@ Shreya: I happened to see the Rahul Mahajan thingy omnibus on Imagine today.. bizarre would be an understatement.. he looks so totally crappy.. why would women be fighting to win his hand?!?!!!

Shreya said...

@NM - You have some catching up
@KK - CID episodes are like FRIENDS - reruns is quite the done thing
@Banjo - Who wants to watch Nat Geo sitting in Nandurbar
@Kavity - Only women who want their mugs to become as popular on TV as said bridegroom's did after his tomfoolery on Big Boss.

Unknown said...

Want to lose weight - buy online Mega Hoodia for only 14.99 per package. The product is completely natural

buy mega hoodia just for 14.99


no hungers no obesity