Saturday, October 16, 2010

Long due and completely true

It has been long
Since I wrote a song
A streak of love sublime
On the vast canvas of time

When it entered my life
I was fraught with strife
Watching myself with a wary eye
Wrestling with demons of years gone by

But it was insistent and patient
It came at a good time too - perfectly stationed
I forgot to look back
Under its persevering attack

A year, two - under the sun
Enough for me to know it was the one
So I bound it to me more tight than anything
And now I wear it on my hand in the shape of  a ring

12 comments:

Kavity said...

It's so brilliantly beautiful!
Copyright the poem please, lest someone tries looting it!

zoxcleb said...

beautiful...
light yet emotionally loaded :-)

Kartik said...

couldnt resist commenting :)
Too good...

and do heed to Kavity's suggestion... I'm too tempted to plagiarize :)

Madhurjya (Banjo) Banerjee said...

I can so imagine Britney singing it :)

Yogesh said...

Hmm.. It's a stealable (is there such a word?) song, alrite!

Too good :)

Shreya said...

Hey thanks guys :)
@Kavity - ia there such a thing as copyrighting your blog?
@Banjo - Britney? Why not Lady Gaga ;)

Kavity said...

Yes. Use this.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/in/

Shilpa said...

kya bolu...always been ur fan..u rock

Shreya said...

Thanks Kavity.
Shilpa - where are you???

The Soul of Alec Smart said...

Awww.. this is simply beautiful :)

Congratulations again! :)

Gaurav Parab said...

Congratulations for the ring around the finger!

Saw the pics on Facebook. Good going.

The Soul of Alec Smart said...

Where are you? No writing no more? I am really hoping you'd come up with the next part of the First, Second, Third.. series. That was damn good :)