Sunday, July 22, 2012

God's little Irony

A: I know you don't believe in God.
B: That's not entirely true. I believe there is something/someone.
A: Then why don't you like to pray?
B: Because He/She (let's call it an It) is supposed to be Omni-potent, Omni-scient and all those ominous sounding things. Why would I need to pray? It will know when I am in trouble and need help. Why should I have to ask?
A: Because It has many things to do and many people to listen to.
B: But It is OMNI-SCIENT! Is this supposed to mirror your relationship with your Bosses, where prudence has it that you put on a show for your superiors? Or perform that all-pervasive ritual of corporate-dom called 'saveyourass-anam' entailing keeping your superiors 'aligned'; in the hope that should the house-of-cards fall, you are able to SYA?
B (on a roll now): You know, in fact, I have never understood how in those mythological stories, any rakshas could fast for a few days and God would descend and happily give him some killer boon! How could He not have known that the guy was a rakshas and would use it towards evil?
A: How could he have known?
B: Because he is OMNI-POTENT! Man, it seems like I am the only one who does believe! 

3 comments:

Priya said...

This seems like a real conversation :)

J a G z said...

Haha so ironic so true n yet I would not like to believe in the absence Of god or lack of need to pray.... Its the only source of hope in this unpredictable world

Kavity said...

Brilliant!