Tuesday, January 03, 2017

2016


As the year draws
To its artificial end
I finally realise
At last comprehend
Why the words are slow
The rhymes lie low
And stories hibernate
Under pages of snow
It's a rich concoction
A thick creamy soup
The insides of my mind
Indiscernible goop
And every time
I open my mind
Stuff refuses to flow
Viscosity, I find
Viscosity, I find
Is behind this mess
A density of thoughts
I must confess
To pick & choose
I cannot justify
And for the first time
Even words seem shy
Inadequate
That's what they are
My beautiful words
They've lost their power
Oh my beautiful words
I feel for you
You've been so loyal
So lovely too
Although this year
This bloody damned year
Is beyond you lovelies
But don't you fear
Time will dilute
My mind soup goop
And you dear words
Will rally, all atroop
And then only then
Will I be able to sing -
Paeans, to the year
That changed everything

No comments: