Sunday, May 28, 2006

Cntd..

So there I was waiting outside the Interview room..everybody who came out said that the panelists were very chilled out..not bad..I could do with some chillin ;)

Just before me, there was this guy who had been quite aggressive in the GD..wen he came out, he gave a somewhat different report, he said that the panelists had completely grilled him and this, believe me, is something like what they asked him:

Panelist: Do you have a girlfriend?
Guy: No, sir..
Panelist: I don't wonder why, since you don't let the girls talk!!

LOL!! That guy was a not so happy!! Anyway, I was next..so in I went..

The three men asked me to sit down..let me describe them..one was a complete rock-star..he has long hair..wasn't young..but looked like the kinds who loves to have fun..the second was this man from the industry..pretty jovial and kind looking..typical bengali dude..and the third loked a lil strict..

I was asked about my work, and then my career goals..the man from the industry asked me whether I would be able to balance my home and my career..I started to asnwer..but I was interrupted by the Rock-Star dude(henceforth referred to as RS)..below is an extract from the conversation:

RS: Hey, I have noticed that you only ask the girls this question, huh? Why is that man?
Ind-guy(IG): No no, nothing like that..
RS: The previous girl also you asked the same question! And you don't ask the any of the boys this question! Why the bias?
IG: It's like this, I have seen a lot of divorces happening in my company because of women being so career oriented that they do not have enuff time for their families..tat is y..

N so on it went..those guys were chatting with each other bindaas..

The third guy, who looked a lil strict was asking me lotsa techie questions, some of which I could not answer..I would have been able to, had I given it some more thought..but I suppose, I got a lil flustered..

But one of the questions he asked me, got the RS guy to tell him:

RS: Hey, what man, you asking her such questions! How will she know? This was way before her time!! She's too young to know this!! LOL!!

They asked me a lot of general knowledge questions, some of which I could answer and some I could not..they were basically very conversational..they enquired about how I was planning to get back to Pune..how I was planning to fund my MBA..what my CAT score was..etc..

The conversation was just flowing..there was no structure..and I was getting the feeling that something was not quite right, as in, that they were just pulling my leg by being so friendly!! :)

Anyway..so it ended..I did not know what to think..Aldo,they had been very nice..I did not have the feeling that I had done well..There were just a couple of questions that I had answered to my satisfaction, the remaining were, frankly speaking, not upto the mark..for example, when they asked me about the first Nobel Laureate from India, all I could think of was Sir C.V Raman..the answer was Rabindranath Tagore and then they went on to ask me about how many Indians had won the Nobel prize, and Amartya Sen did not come to mind!! There were some more of these things..so all in all, I was not 'firing on all cylinders' that day!!

The day had been quite a series of ups and down..I lived quite a lot in that one day..and like life..it was not all good but one hell of an experience!! :D

P.S: I did not make it to C..probably because of my GD, or the interview, or the fact that my Quant percentile was some 92.xx and I have heard that is less as far as C is concerned..it probably was a combination of all of these..

4 comments:

zoxcleb said...

she's too young to know
lol.. i like that...

and ur rock star seems to be really taking ur side...

p said...

just stumbled on ur blog link while orkutting...really funny :)
so where u made it finally?

Shreya said...

@GPS..wat was the use..he didnt select me:)

@prithwiraj..I am goin to B :D

Ritz said...

hi..

I made it thru C at 93.XX.. so may b that wasnt the case.. the GD or the summary maybe.. newez.. who cares.. B it is rite..:)