Sunday, June 11, 2006

RANDOM MUSINGS OF A LUNATIC

People Part..

Yes..it's the rule of life..people meet and people part..I am very very good at picking up from where we had left..not all that good at never letting go tho..

I like it when a new life starts and everything's new..right from the smell in the air to the local language..the people u really care about never really leave..they might not be around in the same way or with the same frequency..but they are very much there..

I want to keep moving for the rest of my life..I don't think much of settling down..I want to keep seeing new places and meeting new people..The thot of there being some sorta routine in my life is not a pleasant one..

But I have to do that someday? That is what people, and let's face it, my common sense tells me..and lately I have realized that even the thot of some permanency in life need not be such a bad thing..one can keep exploring, growing, learning till the day one dies, in the consistent presence of some like-minded people..who give one the space to realize these dreams and vanquish one's inner demons..

But I have made this promise to myself..I will not settle down till when I absolutely want to myself..I do not believe in compromise...life is too short for that kinda stuff..

I do not blame my parents for being worried sometimes..because I have given them some indication..but they will understand, I am sure..and this is not some genocide I am talking about..it's just about living life my own way..and that's not too much to ask..is it?

8 comments:

Karan said...

Hi Lunatic,

That word reminds me of a verse from a floyd song which may or may not be apt here but i'll pate it anyways:
The lunatic is in my head.
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane.
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

The song is Brain Damage and the album is dark Side of the Moon ;).

Coming back to ur post, u are quite obsessed with the idea of permanency aren't u DR?
I don't know if this helps but my take on the permanancy/settling down/compromise is more to ust go with the flow rather than tryin to dictate the norms. I dont wanna sound pessimistic here but even if you are absolutely sure u wanna settle down now u cant be sure that it'll happen..u may find things not ending up the way u had first imagined and then u'll have to 'compromise' which u say life is too short for. So either approach everything with the approach of wanting to really make it happen and tryin ur level best but not gettin too low if nothing works out in some cases, or otherwise approach things with the approach of nothin being permanent so enjoy every moment. Either way , u dont really have anything to lose ;)

Karan said...

hey me again, watched this film called before sunrise jus now. its good to watch if these permanence questions are cloudin ur mind a bit ;).. watch it if u havent..

zoxcleb said...

like karan mentioned, before sunrise is a beautiful pic.. and it sure questions a lot of what u been thinking abt. before sunset (its sequel) picks up where the original left off, and nine years later to see where those thoughts processes headed. i have them here, so if u can eke out time when u shift, do drop by. or maybe it can be ur bday gift ;-)

and yeah.. my nostalgic.. times change.. ppl part post is on its way too... thinking of a mini-series :-P

forgive me for saying it.. but ur desire to roam and travel.. does it have anything to do with ur sense of direction? putting a positive spin on getting lost? :-)

Karan said...

ya zox i watched before sunset too just after watchin before sunrise.. beautiful both of them were .. i usually dont like romantic movies but these two were absolute gems

Vikram said...

couldnt resist posting a comment :)
but we have this thing done and dusted...
carpe diem i guess :)

Shreya said...

Hey gang..thanks for all ur $0.02 on my 'obsession' :D I think wat KK says makes a lot of sense..live and njoy every moment keepin in mind that nothing is permanent..in fact..tat is what i usually do..and it works fine..
GPS..u have hit the head rite on the nail ;) bang-on..so in any case..i always end up going where I dont wanna go in the first place..y not make a philosophy outta it ;)
Vicks..yeah..I guess :)

Arvind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arvind said...

one of the few blogs that I read completely.. but this one is a bang on "bulls-eye"

"i like the way some people think".. somehow LUNATIC drew my attention here.. wonder why! :D