Sunday, May 24, 2020

I feel like I have shrunk

I feel like I have shrunk
Into a list of tasks
Perhaps in hibernation
If anyone asks
On retreat from the world
My voice is squeezed shut
By the hands at my throat
By the lockdown rut
And I don't speak often
Thinking of those with much less
I have everything for survival
and more, I must confess
There are moments of joy
When the kid goes dancing around
Round and round he goes
spending his energy abound
When AA & I
Are in step like synchronised dancers
(Though it doesn't take long
For us to morph into lancers)
We are doing fine
In our little post-apocalypse unit
Nourishing our bodies, our relationships
Keeping ourselves fighting fit
To celebrate another day
To create another day
When things become 'normal'
Or get in the normal way

No comments: