Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The gist

It stares me in the eye
Like a sarkari office peon certain of my imbecility
I turn away
Chewing on my lower-lip in concentration

This question that comes up at times
The answer that I struggle with most times
Give me this day my daily bread
Also tell me how I should be

Should I stash my woes behind the daily dose (of laughter)
Or treat this life as pursuit for nirvana
Check for expiry dates and tell-tale signs on birthday gifts
Or maybe believe. Just believe

A goal. A goal. Should I set one
Or just drift along till I see someplace to anchor
Believe all men are born equal
But then why do so few rule and many others - just root

There is no - to be or not to be
Am and want to be
But what, and why, and how
That is mainly the question.

4 comments:

Vijay said...

So why do you wanna know "what, why and how"? What happened to the other girl who once wrote this - "But I yearn for the romance of not-knowing. And I revel in it"? :)

Shreya said...

Knowing myself is important. Critical even :)

Kavity said...

Too much introspection wonly! All the best :)
How have you been and more importantly, where are you? And, have we decided upon who is having lesser time for the other this time around? :P

Shreya said...

Shit seriously, I introspect too much :) And we already spoke about the other thing and came to the conclusion that, like the other time, it is you.