Thursday, February 12, 2009

Technicolor Dreamcoat

It struck me today that I am a boss-person. I get inspired by people around, maybe more than the work.

My room is a mess. There are things lying around. The bed is never made. Newspaper strewed. It still looks pretty damn neat. It is Wadala Sheraton, all said and done. How bad can it look. Like Aishwarya Rai having a bad hair day.

I don’t like the Sheraton though. It’s amazing how people have raved about it so much. I don’t want to live in a sone ka pinjra.

So trip to China happening sometime next month. Will like that. They have gorgeous hair. Should find out what the secret is. Can’t be good genes. Cant only be good genes.

The Chinese are secretive people. Inscrutable is the word. Plus they have the Mandarin. Must be a very narrow group of non-Chinese who can tell the Lee from the Loo.

I see people all around me trying to maintain the work-life balance. In fact, I am one of the last few to join the bandwagon. This says something about young people fresh-into-their-careers nowadays, does it not? And all of these people are ambitious, make no mistake. Coming of age, methinks. Of sensibilities.

'Sensibilities' seems to be my most oft-repeated word off-late.

9 comments:

Slave Of the Dark said...

cool...china beckons...nice..as reg the hair of the chini land, do keep me posted, for obvious reasons :) shd catch up sometime before u leave..make a note into ur calendar madam!

Kavity said...

me too wanna catch up! next weekend preferably! pls ur highness, make a note in ur calendar for me also :P

Shreya said...

Noted. Underlined. 'Bolded' and Italicized :)

I am going to be in Mumbai only on weekends for the next couple of weeks. Rest all traveling. Should defn catch up.

Shreya said...

Btw, what is m'selle Kavity doing this weekend? :P

Kavity said...

aww come on! V Day and all that! :D
On a more serious note, I just thought I should not encroaching on YOUR time this weekend :D

Vijay said...

I was gonna write something on gorgeous hair, work-life balance and sensibilities. But you know, I hate being odd man out. Besides, the 'mob effect' has never been more compelling or convenient for me to shed my individuality. So, when do you wanna meet me? :)

Shreya said...

@Kavity - Wise decision. I would have turned you down in a heartbeat ;) A girl has to have priorities ;D

But you evaded my question.

@Vijay - I haven't seen the face of you since the time you, SMS and me discussed power yoga in front of the mess.
Have you lost more weight?

Vijay said...

And you evaded my question too :P

I do remember that conversation. But no, I haven't lost any weight and before you ask, I never tried power yoga :)

Shreya said...

@VVR - Hehe. We should meet. We could have amazingly grey discussions :) Will ping you some weekend before China.