Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ratnagiri Ramblings


Me: Er..Could I have a word with you?

L: I hope it's about removing that silly plastic film that you have covering me. How would you like wearing one on
your face?

Me:
Well, people have become maniacal about keeping you guys dust-free nowadays. I know this person, who first bought some elaborate liquid-solution-set for the purpose and has lately added a mini vacuum device to his arsenal. Would you like that? This is simpler!

L: Who is this guy! Stop hanging out with him!

Me: Errrr..hmmm..yes, will think about it. So, as I was saying, this is important..hmm..ho..hummm..yes, here it is -
IthinkIwillgoexplorethetown.

L: Okay, I pick up signals which are of the speed of 3-into-ten-raised-to-you-know-what. But this even I couldn't understand!

Me: Hahaha, you are funny!
(Jeez, what a moron). I said, umm..I think I will go explore the town a bit.

L
(incredulously): Explore? But you never do that! You spend all your time only with me! Especially when you are not in Bombay, oops, Mumbai (Small Saffron dots blink up everywhere)!!

Me (patiently): I know, I know. But suddenly I feel that I should have some more perspective about the places I visit apart from knowing their godowns better than the back of my hand, you know?

L: No, I can't say I do.

Me: There is a world outside of this hotel room, you know.

L: Again, no.

Me: Okay look, I think you need some time off too. What with all those blue faces you have been pulling off-late. Why don't you spend some time alone and I will remove myself from the premises.

L: I have been sort-of over-worked. And spending a large part of the day cooped up like this, with nobody to talk to, while you go around gallivanting to all sorts of interesting places, it's not easy, you know.

Me: (Interesting?!) I do. Yeah, so why don't you recharge yourself, while I have a look around.

L: Hmm..sounds ok.

Narrator: No sooner than this reluctant 'ok' makes itself audible, a hole in the shape of the author appears in the door as a fast getaway is made. I mean, really fast. Before something can come up which has the potential to push all thoughts of arbit ambling through the streets of Ratnagiri to the dark recesses of said author's mind. And as you may or may not know, she has many of those. Last seen, she was sitting on a dark sandy beach along the Konkan coast, staring somberly at the sea, undoubtedly thinking thoughts of great psychological depth or universal importance.

Me: Damn. I wish this place had some Diet Coke.

No comments: