Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Seven

I got tagged.

After being around in the blogsphere (that is what I believe it is called) for over four years, someone else apart from myself finally decided to call some attention to my dubious endeavor of entertaining the masses, albeit the attention was deceptively called with the wrong hyperlink in tow, undoubtedly in an attempt to obtain exoneration from all blame forthcoming from the click-happy.

Must pay a tribute to the noble soul of Alec in the coffee table book I shall shortly be unleashing on my life and times, the title of which is yet under wraps (which in itself is as good a title as any). Don't worry Alec, shall not reveal your true identity.

So the tag is about revealing seven things about yourself that the people at the gates don't know about. So here goes -

1. I eat my meals - piece-meal. It would be exaggeration to say that I never mix food, because sometimes I do. But in most cases, I don't. In fact, I have been known to separate the buns from the pattie of a MacD's burger and eat them like that. Am unable to provide any clues as to why I do that. Maybe, am just lazy. Does that make sense?

2. I love walking, I would walk to the Fiji islands if I had the time. Of course, nowadays, if I sprouted wings and started to fly, I would be flapping them with the ferocity of a duck caught in a time-warp, so walking is rather on the back-burner.

3. I like shopping alone and even when I have company, I rarely come out of the fitting room and get a second opinion. Shopping alone because then I do not have to feel guilty about trying on ten different outfits and not liking any.

4. I have been making abortive attempts at novel writing since I learnt how to write. I tried writing detective stories (there was even a dog called Raja in it and had anyone decently well-read chanced upon it, they would have found it hugely 'inspired'), mythology, space fiction, fairy-tales, romance, contemporary fiction, and nothing has worked. Maybe I should try my hand at erotica.

5. I have a lousy memory for faces. But I can remember things that were said from as far back as 1988. I also have a special memory for smells. It's like these smells are wafting through the world and if any familiar ones find their way up my nose, they immediately bring back a flood of memories.

6. I am a cusp between a Cancer and a Leo. But I tell people I am a Leo because I want to be dynamic, leonine and graceful instead of loyal, emotional and a good cook.

7. I am a closet foodie. I would have been a practicing one had nature not played one of her cruel jokes and given me a sloth-like metabolism. One could argue that a true-blue foodie would not be deterred by metabolic rates, calorie content and all such balderdash. Maybe.

So here I am, a virgin no more. Let me tag a few people too.

Kavity - The world needs your pearls of wisdom, which are sure to glisten their way through random things you will be revealing about yourself.

Gaurav UP - Just for the simple pleasure of reading what you write.

Manikandan - I can almost imagine chuckling at the sweet little things you will say and equally twittering wickedly at those aspects of your personality which your readership is ignorant of.

AA - Mr Freaky, stop being so geeky and entertain me.

So that's it guys. A little bit of me, for-public-consumption.

4 comments:

The Soul of Alec Smart said...

Awesome stuff. And apologies for the link. I corrected it the same day though :)

And oooh, coffee table book? Awesome. Btw, I'm a closet novelist too. Someday, someday.

Kavity said...

Leos rock!

And, yeah, waiting for the coffee table book :)

Shreya said...

@Alec and Kavity - There will be no coffee table book. My writing must be really bad if you people cant get the sarcasm :)

Gaurav Parab said...

For Public Consumption, as tasty as always :)